Welcome to Collingwood Coffee College, the education hub of Proud Mary Coffee Roasters. In our Filter Brewing course we provide you with the knowledge and practical experience to brew filter coffee at home or in the workplace to industry standards.
In our 2 hour workshop we explore filter brewing using the V60 - a popular manual brewing method used worldwide. Filter Coffee has long been a great method to showcase some of the worlds most rare and exotic coffees and we show you how to bring out the best in your brew. We break down a recipe that can be used to create a consistent result, as well as discussing what types of coffee are best suited to your unique taste preference.
We examine sensory techniques that can be used when evaluating coffee to ensure you know how to make the right decisions when troubleshooting your brew. During our workshop we will also evaluate the impact of temperature, grind size and agitation.
- Understand the impact of Coffee Origin, Varietal, Process and roast profile on the finished cup.
- Explore the important variables to manage when brewing Filter Coffee.
- Understand how flavour is introduced into Filter Coffee.
- Demonstrate how to prepare a V60 drip brewing method using a standard recipe.
- Use industry standard sensory skills to better evaluate Filter Coffee.
- Test the important variables to manage when preparing Filter Coffee.
Filter Brewing is a 2 hour course delivered by a CCC trainer, who will provide a hands-on approach where you can try, test and clarify brewing filter coffee. This class will be run in an adult learning environment, and we absolutely love your questions and input! Your trainer will also provide you with resources to take home and keep practising. Mind blowing coffee and water will be provided.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT
We have no minimum numbers for any of our workshops, only a maximum of 4 spots per class to ensure time and attention can be given to all attending. Once you have registered, be assured that the workshop will go ahead. We welcome you to contact us if you wish to discuss this course or your own individual training needs further before booking. Private workshops are also available upon request.