Collingwood Coffee College - Barista Path 2
Barista Path 2 is a 3-hour professional development course designed to increase your skills and routine when converting coffee beans to espresso. Working with the relationship between strength and extraction and using an EK 43 Mahlkonig grinder, VST refractometer, SCA extraction numbers, and your taste buds to identify and achieve good and consistent results.
This workshop is designed as the 2nd level of learning for the capable Barista, one who has completed 'Barista Path 1' or has experience working in a cafe or an espresso serving environment.
By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Understand the relationship between strength and extraction and the impact and value of brew ratios.
- Use an EK 43 Mahlkonig grinder
- Extract espresso using various brew ratios to show how much of strength there is compared to extraction % in the espresso.
- Use the refractometer to analytically measure an espresso TDS % to determine the strength and extraction % and measuring against CCC extraction map.
- Clean and calibrate the EK Mahlkonig grinder.
Barista Path 2 workshop has been developed by Lisa Feeley (certified Educator and Licensed Q Grader) who, with her team foster a learning environment where you can try, test and clarify using relevant equipment.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT
Only 4 spots per class to ensure maximum time and attention can be given to all attendees. We have no minimum numbers for any of our workshops, once you have registered, be assured that the workshop will go ahead.