Collingwood Coffee College - Barista Path 1
BARISTA PATH 1
Welcome to Barista Path 1, hosted at Collingwood Coffee College, the education hub of Proud Mary Coffee. This course is a great first step into the world of coffee. We help to break down the concepts and terminology you need to enter the industry or explore more through home brewing.
We offer a 2.5-hour course that will get you well on the way with the skills and knowledge of espresso, extracting a house-blend recipe to taste balanced, followed by the technical skills required to replicate and produce even-extraction, milk texturing and serving a finished product for customers or yourself. We also discuss job-ready skills including cleaning and drink standards.
- Identify ingredients and quantities that underpin a good house-blend recipe for espresso to achieve balance in strength and extraction.
- Season equipment and manage the 3-variables to dial in your recipe and achieve even extraction and desirable balance in the cup.
- Texture milk with 2-steps and achieve shiny, micro-foam ideal for integrating with espresso.
- Integrate milk with crema to pour a finished product.
- Introduce and demonstrate regular cleaning and maintenance.
Barista Path 1 is a 2.5 hour course delivered by a CCC trainer, who will provide a hands-on approach where you can try, test and clarify all things espresso coffee. This class will be run in an adult learning environment, and we absolutely love your questions and input! Your trainer will also provide you with resources to take home and keep practising. Mind blowing coffee and water will be provided.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT
We have no minimum numbers for any of our workshops, only a maximum of 4 spots per class to ensure time and attention can be given to all attending. Once you have registered, be assured that the workshop will go ahead. We welcome you to contact us if you wish to discuss this course or your own individual training needs further before booking. Private workshops are also available upon request.